So, today I received a comment from Janice about yesterday’s post and I have to share it with you. Janice used to work with me at Bliss Flower Studio…until she got married and moved to the East Coast. A couple of things about Janice…
1.She’s one of the hardest workers I’ve ever met…nothing slowed her down or kept her from doing her job…and I mean nothing!
2. She always works with a smile and an upbeat attitude.
3. She is a devoted wife and mother.
4. She was never shy about walking in the door of the studio and announcing her opinions about the flowers chosen for the wedding at hand…good OR bad!
5. I can’t remember a single time she didn’t call me on the way to work and ask if I needed anything…breakfast, Jamba Juice, or Starbucks…to get our long workday off to a great start.
6. She is ‘Martha Stewart’ caliber creative…ALWAYS thinking about how to create something new or better.
Notice she’s working in nearly all the pictures I have of her…
So anyway…back to the comment Janice left yesterday…here’s what she had to say about personalizing an arrangement…
Remember when my grandfather was in the hospital (and I was hugely pregnant)and you helped me personalize an arrangement by using flowers in his college colors? That was awesome.
I also love it when we include family rosaries, broaches, other personal jewelry or small framed photographs in bridal bouquets and center pieces. (see image below…I feel certain Janice is referring to this bouquet when she mentions incorporating a family rosary…we all loved this family heirloom!)
The other way I’ve personalized an arrangement is by purchasing a piece of china the recipient is missing from her collection. I once bought various pieces of depression glass with the same pattern my great grandmother had and gave my mom arrangements that incorporated those over a series of 6 holidays. (What an awesome idea, Janice!)
(image courtesy of Life Mosaics)
We should all have the pleasure of working with someone like Janice…
Thanks for your comment and your friendship, Janice!