I’m excited to introduce you to Alison Ellis of Floral Artistry today. Alison is releasing a brand new online course today and I wanted you to be among the first to know about it because I get so many emails asking for advice on pricing. Alison not only walks you through her pricing strategy in this course, but she also gives real examples from three of her 2015 weddings. Alison’s profit margin is impressive and consistent. I believe the principles she shares in this course will be helpful and encouraging to so many designers. I’ve asked Alison to introduce herself and her course to you…and she has offered a very special opportunity to the BB readers (be sure to check out the details at the end of this post). Welcome, Alison!
Flower Math. The Florist’s Guide To Pricing And Profitability is an online course for floral designers who have a talent and love for flowers, but do not have anywhere to turn for mentorship to learn the business-side of the craft.
I created this course because I love to help educate and empower floral designers to achieve their business goals. I’m taking you behind the scenes to show you how I run my floral design business. I’m not going to tell you what I think you should do. I’m going to show you, step by step, exactly how I do it.
Turning a profit allows us to keep doing the work we do best. This is why it is so important. Flower Math is a roadmap for profit clarity. It’s time to let home-based floral designers in on the secret & take the guesswork out of the business of flowers.
What you get…
- A step-by-step guide to the basics of the “flower math”, which has been handed down from florist to apprentice throughout the years.
- Easy to follow formulas to calculate markups and design fees.
- True behind-the-scenes breakdowns of 3 real weddings from my 2015 season, each complete with a full list of recipes, invoices (yes, a look at my real prices!), COGS and profit margins of 70% or more.
- Over a dozen floral recipes including 3 bridal bouquets, bridesmaids bouquets, centerpieces, a 19′ floral table runner, arbor decor, aisle flowers, large ceremony arrangements, and more.
- Itemized customer invoices. (Yes, a look at my real prices!)
- Pricing cheat sheets to calculate design fees for you.
- Over 45 minutes worth of video instruction with details on markups as well as how I create recipes and wholesale orders to keep my cost of goods to 30%.
These are easy-to-follow pricing rules and formulas that I know will help talented floral designers grow and prosper. In the end, you’ll be ready to tackle your upcoming year with a new outlook on the business-side of your creative business. Take these formulas, recipes, tips and advice and run with them!
I’m offering a special introductory price this week until Friday at midnight EST. Click here for details or get it now.
Exclusive to Botanical Brouhaha Readers: Leave a comment below before Friday, Nov. 20, 2015 at 12:00pm (noon) CST for a chance to win Flower Math. The Florist’s Guide To Pricing And Profitability (valued at $599). Alison is gifting her course to TWO Botanical Brouhaha readers! Winners will be announced on the BB blog after the entry deadline on Friday, Nov. 20th. Good luck!
Thanks for your incredible generosity, Alison!
[Image of Alison courtesy of Daria Bishop Photographers]