We’ve heard from many Canada-based designers about the difficulties and expense of traveling to the floral design workshops we often mention in the US and elsewhere. So, we have a workshop opportunity to share with all BB readers, but especially our friends in Canada. Flowers in the Rockies is coming up April 28 – May 1, 2019 and will be held at Creekside Villa in Canmore, Alberta, just minutes from Banff National Park! Whether you’re specifically looking for a workshop in Canada or you’re looking for a workshop in a scenic destination in hopes of enjoying a little vacation in conjunction with a professional workshop, you might find this career workshop + retreat the perfect fit.
Flowers in the Rockies is the brainchild of Canadian florist and Chapel Designer Janelle Gerestein (Janie) of Flowers by Janie in Calgary. The workshop/retreat is geared towards wedding and event floral designers looking to gain new business and design skills and be inspired to a new level of creativity by designing amid the majestic Rockies. Because Janie works alongside her husband Oscar, a professional videographer, attendees will have the unique opportunity of receiving short video clips of their work from the workshop! Check out some of the other plans Janie has in store for attendees below. Hope you can make it!
Flowers in the Rockies
Career Workshop + Retreat
April 28th – May 1st, 2019
EARLY BIRD PROMOTION! BOOK BETWEEN JAN 15TH – MARCH 1ST AND RECEIVE $250 OFF ORIGINAL TICKET PRICE
(Registration deadline is April 10, 2019 at 12pm MST)
Ticket price includes:
- Centerpiece class
- Bouquet class (European hand-tied bouquets)
- Floral watercolour painting class taught by Jill Weston
- Large scale group installation
- Large scale arrangement demo by Janie with a focus on foam free floral designs
- Honest critique and help from Janie
- Open discussion on pricing, proposals, and the business of floral design
- All meals, except one dinner included in the ticket price (including a 3-course meal at the tablescape designed by attendees on the 3rd day of the workshop)
- Access to images and video clips of your work captured during the workshop to
use for your website and marketing (video clips from Oscar of Castaño Films and images from professional wedding photographer Corrina Walker)
- Photoshoot on April 30th coordinated + designed by Paper Doll The Brand (Formerly Paper Doll Weddings + Events). Learn styling tips as well as tips for working effectively with wedding planners
- Sourcing lists for flowers, decor, ribbons, etc.
- Three nights stay at Creekside Villa in a shared or private room (spouses welcome to stay in the private accommodation with attendee – see details at link below)
- Intimate setting (Max: 16 attendees)
Flowers in the Rockies Workshop Hosts: Janie & Oscar