“I love the ‘wow’ when you’re done and you’ve decorated the place. It’s my drug.”
Laetitia Mayor | Abby Grace Photography
Today we’re sitting down with Laetitia Mayor, owner of Florésie based in Blanzy-lès-Fismes in Northern France to discuss:
- her path from being an engineer in Switzerland to being a floral designer in a quaint french municipality of 100+ inhabitants
- how blogging helped get her business off the ground
- the important role workshops have played in her growth as a designer
- the advantages her engineering background brings to her wedding/event business
- her main marketing tool
- Instagram strategies that have worked for her and helped build her business significantly in just 5 years
- the value she finds in creating editorial work
- how her personal garden functions as a resource for her floral design business
- why she chose to open a private studio rather than a flower shop
- the need that led her to begin teaching professionals
- how she found a niche designing flowers for destination weddings
- the story behind her creative retreats in the French countryside (see details of the next retreat below – and get a BB Podcast listeners discount!)
D’Arcy Benincosa Fine Art Photography
Links mentioned in Episode Thirteen:
The Secret Garden creative retreat | Chikae O.H. Photography
Above: You might hear one of these little guys enter the room during our podcast interview 😉
Study with Laetitia:
- Blossoms and Ceramique creative retreat: Stay at Le Clos de la Robe while learning about floral design and tablescape styling with unique artisan’s pieces from Laetitia Mayor and Sarah Van Raden of Notary ceramics. SEE EXCLUSIVE BB PODCAST OFFER BELOW
- Au Jardin de Florésie: annual workshop dedicated to wedding professionals, especially florists and stylists, wishing to better apprehend garden flowers, compositions and installations in a style both natural and refined, in the vein of the Fine movement Art.
- 1:1 Flower Class: learn everything about Laetitia’s floral techniques, flowering weddings, floral photography, growing a cutting flowers garden, marketing, her approach to business, marketing, and the creation of a quote and project for a customer.
Anna Tereshina Photography
EXCLUSIVELY FOR BB PODCAST LISTENERS:
Great news! Laetitia is offering a 10% discount to our podcast listeners who would like to attend the Blossoms and Ceramique creative retreat.
Date : April 18-20th, 2018
Location : Vandeuil, Champagne, France – Clos de la Robe
Speakers : Sarah Van Raden (Notary Ceramics) and Laetitia Mayor (Florésie), special guest and photographer of the retreat Chikae O.H.
Offer ends: February 19th 2018. Please enter discount code: PODCAST. Space is limited to 10 students – only 3 seats left at this time, so grab one while you still can. Registration link to The Blossoms and Ceramique creative retreat: click here.
Laetitia Mayor Links of Interest:
Website | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
Floresie |Rachael Ellen Events | Mary Claire Photography | Russell Alboroto Photography
BB Podcast Sound Engineer: Landon McGee